9.16.2010

Defy Explanation

"Whatever you are, be a good one." - Abraham Lincoln

I am: a wife, a friend, a sister, a daughter, an aunt(!), a sister in law, a daughter in law, an employee, a supervisor, a foodie, a barista, a writer. Daughter of a King.

I'm pretty much always on a path of learning who I am and what I wish to be. I guess it's called growth. The question has
been answered so many times: "to live is Christ, to die is gain" my identity is in Him. This said, I can't help but think on it some more. Why has God given me suchnsuch desires, how can I live without holding anything back?

One of my greatest goals in life has always been to be genuine. It grieves me so much to see people put on a facade for fear of being real. Somedays the 'real me' isn't very pretty, but how can we as the body of Christ step in to edify and uplift each other if we aren't honest with our failures? And isn't that the point of sanctification? To be purified more and more until eternity? My goal is to walk with the Lord so frequently, to stay in step with Him so much so that my transparency yields only fruit.

Until then however, I will remain honest with my shortcomings and I will embrace the characteristics that make me hold out for true integrity. This is where I gain strength: there is no such thing as being too vulnerable, for when we are weak His power is made perfect:

"But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." - 2 Corinthians 12:9




l   Post title inspiration: "Pure Imagination" - Willy Wonka   l

No comments: